November 8, 2010

A Ray of Sunshine?

I can check off the first of our IUIs. It went off without a hitch. I was a bit concerned that it would be cancelled. Last night and today I have had extreme abdominal/ovary pain. It's centered on the right ovary--which apparently has two big follicles. The pain was so bad I couldn't sleep on my side last night, nor am I easily able to bend over. I checked with my RE today and she said it's normal. So, we proceeded as scheduled.

Also, I found out that my insurance company will cover my injectables 100%. So, if this cycle doesn't work we can really bring out the big guns next cycle and hopefully get some more follicles. I was certain my prescription insurance didn't cover it (and it doesn't). However, apparently injectables are billed to the medical insurer and this is how they are a covered item. Hooray! That's mega bucks I don't have to worry about coming up with and a load of stress off my shoulders. Hoping, however, that this cycle will work and it will all be a non-issue.

3 comments:

  1. Hoping you don't need to use the big guns too but if you do...every little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with this cycle, thirtiesgirl. The pain thing is weird - some cycles I have it, other cycles not at all. But that's good news about insurance covering the meds.

    (And thanks for your words of support on my blog. I'm never happy to hear of others in this crappy recurrent loss boat, and I know that the balanced translocation makes things very specific in your case. But the outcome is the same terrible one:(. So I'm hoping that this cycle is it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I have the same condition that you do. Balanced translocation, I know what you are going through. I have had 5 miscarriages. I am getting an HSG tomorrow.... just in case.... to see if there is anything else wrong, ha! My doc never mentioned anything about Clomid. They think I'll get pregnant one day eventually as a good egg will get fertilized. I am here to share any thoughts!

    ReplyDelete