January 25, 2011

How do You get Rid of Stress?

One of my promises to myself this year is that I would work really hard to be less stressed out. Apparently being type A adds all sorts of stress to your life. So far, I've been doing rather well. I've been to weekly acupuncture appointments, used aromatherapy, am trying to get regular exercise (including yoga), and am eating healthier.

Then this week happened. The week from h.ell. It's the first week of school so I'm back in class (I also have a full-time job). I'm slammed at work and not sure I'll ever dig myself out of the pile of work I have. Slowly, slowly I've felt the tension creeping back into my neck and shoulders. I've had no shortage of people tell me "if you'd only relax" in regards to our pregnancy troubles. I'm trying to heed their advice. Not because I think it will work and that it's the cure all to all of our genetic problems. Instead, more because I know that constantly being stressed isn't good for more overall health. So, dear readers do any of you have any go to solutions? Do I just stop caring so much about doing my best at my job, and at school, and at home (easier said then done). Do I leave the housework completely to Mr. F (I wish)! If you've got any ideas my stressed out body would love to hear them.

PS--Even though I am a POASaholic I am happy to report I haven't even considered it yet. I'm trying to hold out until Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by.

    Stress is so hard to get rid of especially if you have a full load on your plate. I was loaded with stress during our last IVF and it failed. I made sure to delegate stuff to my husband and other friends so that I could just relax. It's so much easier said that done.

    Fingers crossed you get your BFP!

    *hugs*
    ICLW #56

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Stress. Don't have any really good ideas, but I personally need to make sure I get a lot of sleep when I am stressed (especially if work is the stressor) to make sure I can get through everything.

    Hoping for that BFP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something I struggle with, as well. I can float along in pretty good shape, but then the semester begins, or I'm slammed with work, and it's like all that peacefulness goes out of me. I can actually feel myself tightening up.

    I'm crossing fingers for you. And good on your for not testing (though I know how incredibly tempting it is).

    (Also, I'm sorry I haven't commented lately. For some reason I was just able to get your blog to update on my blogroll!)

    ReplyDelete