April 27, 2011

Hysteroscopy Complete and Blogger Award

My hysteroscopy yesterday went well. I was in and out pretty quickly and had minimal pain. I have, however, had more then the "spotting" they indicated may happen. It was more like a light af yesterday but seems to be tapering off today. I've not yet heard what the results of this procedure were. I have a follow-up appointment at my REs office in two weeks and apparently that is when I will hear how the procedure went. Because I am a genetic mutant, I did overhear the nurses saying they removed some polyps. They assumed I would still be out but I processed the meds extremely quickly I guess. I heard comments from all 3 nurses that they've never had anyone so alert, ready to walk, etc immediately after surgery. Apparently I was the fastest discharge they've ever had. So, yeah--possibly polyp removal. It really wouldn't surprise me and would make me feel validated in pushing for this surgery. They can definitely cause implantation problems.

I also found out a bit more about financing for ivf/cgh this summer. The clinic is still unable to tell me exactly how much I will need to pay. As I mention earlier, I am the guinea pig for insurance coverage of cgh at my office. So, they aren't sure how to bill, how much to bill, etc. Earlier I was told that I would pay no more out of pocket then $2k for ivf/cgh. Who knows now...If it gets over the $5k range Mr. F and I are going to seriously discuss whether we want to go forward or go straight to ivf with donor egg. It's about $10k in the czech republic and the success rates are a lot higher then they are with my eggs.

Now, onto my blog award. Jo at Love That Moves the Stars awarded me with a stylish blogger award.The Rules are:

1. Link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Tell 7 things about yourself
3. Award other bloggers - The Stylish Blogger Award is to be awarded to 10 - 15 people.
4. Notify winners 

I'm going to give this to: 

Articia  Diary of a Mad Infertile Woman  (Please also send her your love and support as she is in the midst of a miscarriage)
LisainSk  Wanted One Good Embryo

Seven things About Myself
1) I own two dogs. We love them to pieces and treat them like babies. 
2) I have terrible eyesight. It's like -13 (to those of you in the know). 
3) I have two post bachelors degrees and am currently working on my third. Yes, I like school--a lot. 
4) Yesterday was the first time I've had surgery. (Besides removing my wisdom teeth which apparently doesn't count)
5) I like running, soccer, and surfing. 
6) I read, a lot. I tried to keep track this past year how many books I had read. I went about 9 months and had over 150 books on the list. 
7) I am a huge foodie--probably a lot of the reason I need to lose weight! Mr. F and I like to frequent restaurants that are considered "worlds best". I'm not a food snob though. I enjoy the simple things like hamburgers, pasta, etc as well. 

7 comments:

  1. Awe...thanks Thirtiesgirl! I'll try and play along later this week. So glad your surgery is over with and that you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the support. I wish for the best on your hysteroscopy report.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the surgery went so well!
    Sorry to hear about the unexpected bleeding - it seems to be resolving itself though which is great.

    Thank you for the award and all your support during my IF journey! I too will try to play along later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that the hysteroscopy went well. That's amazing about your quick recovery time. Definitely good (I'm the opposite and usually they can't wait to kick me out). You're right about the polyps - that's actually very good news. I wonder how large and how many, and the degree to which they could have affected implantation up to now.

    Thanks for the shout out! Food and puppies. Are there better things in existence? I think not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!!! Thank you so much for the award! You cannot imagine but it brought joy into my day. Thank you so much for the thought and support. I will definitely play along after this weekend. I will be gone for the next three days for dance competition and I should really get some sleep right now.

    I am so glad your surgery went well! You are always in my thoughts and I cross my fingers that your miracle comes soon, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award but I actually awarded you it too, a few days back.

    Glad some polyps have been whipped out

    3) what are your degrees in? Or is that too revealing?!

    6) there's an app I use on fb (*spits*) that I've been keeping track of what I've been reading, its called 'visual bookshelf' and was part of livingsocial but I don;t know if it still is. You can review them too - if you want

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I'm late, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad that your surgery went well and will be looking forward to your update.

    That's really awesome about your quick recovery time! And I'm so glad that they were able to remove your polyps. Dang those nasty things!!

    Sending good thoughts your way. ♥

    ReplyDelete