May 10, 2011

Hysteroscopy Report

So, I had my post-op appointment today. Basically, I'm right back to where I was before the hysteroscopy. They found a little bit of weird tissue and removed it. It was polypoid in nature (or something like that). However, they don't believe that this would have had any affect on my getting or in my case--not getting--pregnant. Sigh..Nor do they have any idea as to why I would get pregnant three times in one year and then not get pregnant at all the following year. I'm really not sure where to go from here. I was hoping that this surgery would provide us with a reason.

Does anyone have any information on weight and ability to conceive? That's the only thing I can think of...as discussed here before multiple miscarriages, fertility meds, etc have caused me to pack on probably 30 pounds. I'm still within my bmi range and everything else blood pressure, etc is perfect. It's just the only other thing that's different. This weight should be easy to lose but I just have no motivation. I think its a combination of feeling sorry for myself and being pissed off at my body for betraying me. I need to do it though. I'll kick myself if I don't do everything possible to make sure ivf is successful. If only I didn't love food so much.

I also still have no idea what is going on with ivf/pgd. I am to call them next week when af arrives. They hope to have more information for me then. It is apparently extremely complicated when dealing with my insurance and pgd. I'm hoping by next week at this time we will have a concrete plan in place (a girl can dream, right).

Finally, I survived my sister's baby shower (made easier by the fact that I didn't have to physically be there). It went well and she got a lot of great presents. She's happy--so that's a great feeling.

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you thirtiesgirl...hoping that your pgd/ivf issues get sorted out soon. As for weight...only heard its a problem if over your bmi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thirtiesgirl, like Lisa said, if you were over your BMI, it might be a problem. I am sure your weight has nothing to do with it. I train really hard and I have lost most of the weight that I have put on through those past 5 years. I always loved being at the gym and lifting weights and it faded off after all my problems. I started going back in January and see a big difference in me. It feels great. I wanted to share with you that I have been taking Zumba classes and I love them. You burn alot of calories and have fun at the same time. I am sure that you would love them. I don't know if they offer that in your area but I would look into it. I also love food very much :) I have focused on myself a little more since January and it seems to ease off a bit with all the baby thoughts. I really hope that you hear about your IVF cycle soon.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the others, I have only heard weight being an issue if you are over your BMI. I am glad that you survived the shower, and hopefully the IVF/PGD will get worked out quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you didn't get a definitive answer through those results. That's very frustrating. Things would be so much easier with a readily-identifiable and easily solvable problem. In terms of the weight/BMI, I really don't know. It's also my understanding that as long as you're within your target BMI you're okay. But I would think that it also matters what you're eating - if you've been eating more carbs and sugar (we have all been there, every one of us) then this can raise blood sugar and mess with insulin. I went to see a nutritionist some time ago and though I was a healthy weight, she put a lot (A LOT) of focus on the refined foods in my diet. According to her, they mess with egg quality. Ultimately, though, who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you didn't get the answers you were hoping for. Infertility is so discouraging and heartbreaking. I wish you didn't have to go through any of this.

    About the weight - it really depends on who you talk too. Some say yes, some say no. There are women who weigh 120 lbs and can't get pregnant but there are women who weigh 400lbs + and get pregnant at the drop of a hat. My RE actually likes you to be plump. She says that you develop more and better quality eggs... and I tend to agree with her. Why? When we did our IUI in Sept of 2008 I was down 30 lbs from the depression of my 2nd loss and I didn't create as many eggs as I had in the past. I believe when we triggered we had 4 follies as opposed to the 8 follies we had with our IUI in May of 2008.

    Maybe a fluke, but who knows. I just noticed that I tend to produce more follies when I'm fluffy.

    Thinking of you and wishing you all the luck, honey. We're here cheering you on. ♥

    T

    ReplyDelete